Today we switched from boot camp to discussing about the set-up of the experiment we are going to do. The goal of the experiment is to determine the differences in the eye movement pattern between artists and non-artists when viewing art. Not every point of the experiment is set yet, but we did determine which pictures we want people (we're going to use the other interns for our sample) to look at. A couple technologies we are going to use for the experiment are an eye tracker and a software for determining where the eyes are going to look.
After looking at the technologies we are most likely going to use for the experiment, we then went to a student presentation. The presentation was about how the student did an experiment in determining what colors have the greatest salience (the ability to capture the eyes' attention).
Fun fact: I learned the binary system today. 57 (which is 32 + 16 + 8 + 1) in binary language is 111001.